Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February 10th

It has been so crazy busy! We are teaching so much more now, and it feels great! Teaching is so challenging. I can't even believe how different one day is from the next. I just want my own classroom so bad. I hope I get one soon! :)
My observation last week went well. John was happy to see that I am much more comfortable in my classroom, which is definitely true. I know and love my kids more every day.
I have been going on runs with Dari (one of our body guards down here). He has been telling me so much about Caye Caulker and I think that we are going to head down there once we are finished with our teaching. That and a tour of Guatemala is our plan as of now. Ty and I are heading to Placencia again for Valentines Day this weekend. Hopefully do something out of the norm and fun down there! I can't wait. For sure we are going to get another massage! :) Can't wait!!!
Last weekend we  had a lot of families down here visiting. We went out to Waluco's and the Sports Bar on Friday night. We did a lot of karaoke at Waluco's. They were supposed to close at midnight but they stayed open later for us to continue our concert haha. It's funny because this is such a small town that literally we know half the people everywhere we go and people will know at least one of us just about everywhere. It's a really good feeling. Felix, who owns the sports bar, was glad to see us when we got to the Sports Bar later that night. Again, Mackenzie and I were the two white girls that all the black girls just watched make fools of ourselves. Apparently white girls can't dance.
Saturday morning we all headed out early to go snorkeling at the Snake Caye. It was gorgeous. Nate had an underwater camera so I'll have to get those pictures from him. Literally HUGE starfish and gorgeous colors. There was a purple plant that glowed. It was amazing! The water here is so warm too that we can just go in our swim suits! I felt like a mermaid so obviously I had the time of my life. We stayed there all day but then we had to take the boat home because it got cool outside and it started raining. The man driving the boat got lost and we didn't realize it until it had been a half hour, we were all freezing, and we saw that we had literally CIRCLED the island... Not a great moment. We all laughed though! We made it home!
Saturday night we didn't really go anywhere. We stayed at home and relaxed. 
Sunday morning Elena woke us up with homemade fry jacks for breakfast. God, I love her! Sunday we somehow convinced Felix to have a BBQ and celebration for the Super Bowl. We got some other people from PG that we know and people that are down here through other programs and we had a bet going with some cards... I don't know how it works. I didn't win. Ty set it up! It was fun though. I was going to win until they scored in the last minute of the game. I was disappointed!
Our friends that we made when we went snorkeling ended up being chefs. They are sweet. They have the most interesting love story. They've been married for 5 years, they are 9 years apart and they are doing this 5 month world traveling tour together. Just them, backpacking around. But we told them that Elena has all this great stuff for cooking and we decided to have them over Monday night to cook a delicious feast. It was awesome. BBQ chicken, steak, rice with corn, salsa... YUM! I love eating here. Honestly it's amazing.
This week has been going slowly for me. I don't want to go to school tomorrow! Friday we are all going to be at St. Benedicts (Ty and Nate's school) doing a carnival for Valentine's Day. That should be fun and easy. I am excited!!!
Elena got a card from my mom and she honestly hasn't stopped showing people and smiling. I like getting mail too... :) so send me some mail anytime! 

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment